The Education of Millionaires Summary
Essential skills needed to succeed in life
- Success skill #1: How to make your work meaningful and your meaning work
- Success skill #2: How to find great mentors and teachers, connect with powerful and influential people, and build a world-class network
- Success skill #3: What every successful person needs to know about marketing, and how to teach yourself
- Success skill #4: What every successful person needs to know about sales, And how to teach yourself
- Success skill #5: How to invest for success (the art of bootstrapping)
- Success Skill #6: Build the brand of you
- Success Skill #7: The entrepreneurial mind-set VS. the employee Mind-Set
This book is against higher education which I feel unnecessary to spend energy to argue about this. Everyone is different and no one thinks school is the sole source of intellectual curiosity, understanding and learning. Education and knowledge should never start and end with colleges and universities. The purpose of life should be constantly learning throughout your entire life. He spent so much time to argue about this, I feel it’s very un-mature and silly.
From this book I learned a most important marketing and sales tip that is good marketing is not about pushing your stuff onto an unwilling audience. It’s about listening to your audience. How do you listen to your audience? Make a list of your prospects’ biggest fears, frustrations, desires, dreams, and nightmares around the issue your product or service helps them with.
References From the Book
The best part of the book is the references and interviews he took from several successful high school graduates/college dropouts. Please check the references list I created thru reading the book, I feel that’s the essential part of the book, once you have my list, you don’t need to read the book anymore: