Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up
After reading Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, to me this is not only a tidying and decluttering book, but also teaching a life lesson about cleaning your space actually it’s a way to clean your life, bring joy to your life and have the lifestyle you wish to live.
This is a very interesting book to read not only for women and housewives etc. I recommend this book to everyone who would like to change their life and try to make their life more joyful. Being more organized and intentional with what you choose to own and how this can impact your way of thinking and perspectives on life. Tidying up and getting rid of your possessions can seem like a hard task, but going through the detailed process in this book will help you to surround yourself with things that bring you true joy.
After I read the book, I actually reserved a weekend from my busy schedule to declutter and tidy my house up myself. I got rid of 10 bags of stuff from my house, and it looks very organized right now especially my closet.
The following are the tips and knowledge I learned from the book:
- A completed decluttering session, rather than sorting and storing things halfway, is needed to change your mindset. As I took her advice, and I was tidying for the weekend without doing anything else other than declutter.
- Letting go is more important than adding. This is the cornerstone of her method. Do a complete purge of everything you own, evaluating each on the basis of whether it sparks joy for you or not. I have hard time to discard things, now I am trying to train myself to get rid of things I don’t need any more in my life, I thank them for their services and get rid of them guilt free.
- Tidying by category, not rooms. In the book, she advised beginning with clothing, since it’s the least emotionally loaded of one’s things, books come next, old photographs are much later. I used to declutter by room, living room first, the bedroom next, every time it rebounded back to before. If you tidy a bit each day, you’ll find that you’re tidying forever. Do it all at once and you’ll have the system in place to stay tidy.
- Fold vertical instead of pile up. After I emptied my drawers and closet, and refold everything vertically, first I got more spaces in my drawers and closet, and second my clothes become very easy to find.
- Hanging the clothes by color! Light color first, then other colors after all the way to dark color. After I organized this way, I realized I have so many white and black color dresses, and very less light blue color clothes. Thru this method, I found out my closet was so cluttered, so I forgot so many clothes I didn’t wear for years, also it helped me to know what color I should stop shopping for more.
- Respect your belongings, Greet to your house and belongings when you come home! Good attitude towards your belongings, it will bring joy and good feng shui into your life. When you feel graceful to everything surrounded to you, more graceful things will come along. It’s part of the law of attraction.
- Lessons learned about life in general.
- Tidying up your belongings are the same as tidying up your life. Look at your life if it’s cluttered by bad influences or people who don’t bring any joys into your life, it’s time to declutter them from your life.
- Say goodbye to your past! Past things and people already brought joys into your life, they came to your life and left your life for a reason, it’s time to say goodbye to all the people who are not belong to your present and future.
- Graceful to everything belonging to you and everything brought joys to your life!
I highly recommended this book! Please write your comments about the book in below, so we can share and exchange our reading experiences and feelings!
You can also buy the book by clicking on the image below from amazon. Let me know what you think about this book.
Related Self-help Books: